With a legacy dating back to 1894, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers has played a pivotal role in shaping central Texas. Established on October 1, 1906, IBEW Local 520 stands as a testament to resilience and commitment. Our licensed electrical workers, deeply rooted in central Texas, are not only highly trained but also highly skilled, contributing to the region's growth and prosperity for generations. Since 1945, our workforce has been honed through the Austin Electrical Training Alliance (AustinETA), offering rigorous apprenticeship programs and continuous training opportunities for journeymen and recruits alike. Committed to providing central Texas contractors with the most experienced and skilled electrical workforce, IBEW 520 ensures member well-being through comprehensive benefits. Our workforce has left an indelible mark on Austin's landscape, contributing to iconic projects and playing a pivotal role in central Texas becoming one of the most thriving regions in the country. As we look to the future, our dedication to excellence remains unwavering—we are not done.
We prioritize the well-being of our members and their families. As a member, you'll experience a culture that revolves around family-centric support, a guaranteed wage scale, dedicated job placement assistance, ongoing training and education, and comprehensive retirement benefits, including a pension and annuity. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment, fostering a culture that values mutual respect, shared success, and a commitment to excellence. At Local 520, you're not just part of a team – you're a valued member of our extended family.
- $34.00 - $44.20/hour - depending on experience
- Sign-On Bonus of $1000.00 - $1400.00
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Job Training
- Mental Health Benefits
- Open Door Policy
- Promote Within
- Referral Program
- Tools Provided
- Volunteer Programs
- Union Plus Benefits
- Wage Matching with Proof of Income from an Electrical Contractor
- Skills Evaluations
- Additional Training for All Members
- Full Trade School Tuition Reimbursement
- Leadership and Career Advancement Training
- We provide candidates to 50+ employers!
- Cultivating Friendship in the Industry: Fostering a sense of camaraderie among members within the industry is a core value. This involves creating an environment where mutual respect, cooperation, and friendship prevail, contributing to a positive and supportive workplace atmosphere.
- Promoting Reasonable Methods of Work: The union values the promotion of rational and effective work methodologies. Emphasizing efficiency and best practices, this core value ensures that members are equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to excel in their roles while promoting overall industry improvement.
- Securing Employment: A fundamental commitment is made to secure employment opportunities for members. This involves advocating for job creation, negotiating fair employment terms, and actively seeking opportunities to enhance job security within the industry.
- Reducing Daily Labor Hours: The union is dedicated to improving working conditions by advocating for reduced daily labor hours. This core value reflects a commitment to achieving a better work-life balance for members, recognizing the importance of quality leisure time outside of professional commitments.
Why Join Us
- Meaningful Say in Working Conditions: Members actively participate in shaping their working conditions through the bargaining/negotiation process, ensuring their needs are addressed. Working under an enforceable Collective Bargaining Agreement provides stability, as the established terms cannot be altered outside of the official negotiation, securing a consistent and fair framework for employment.
- Work-Life Balance and Family Time: The union encourages a work culture that values a healthy balance between professional and personal life. Members are supported in prioritizing time with their families, fostering an environment that recognizes the importance of personal well-being alongside professional commitments.
- Safety at Work Sites: A paramount concern is placed on creating and maintaining safe work sites. Members benefit from a commitment to safety measures, ensuring a secure working environment and promoting the well-being of all workers.
- Installation of Underground Systems: Precise placement and securing of underground electrical components for long-lasting functionality.
- Deployment of Distribution Networks: Skillful configuration to ensure efficient transmission of power, contributing to the overall system reliability.
- Execution of Rough-In Work: Meticulous foundational work to set the stage for a robust electrical system.
- Handling Trim-Out Procedures: Detail-oriented completion for both aesthetics and functionality, reflecting a commitment to quality workmanship.
Our Hiring Process
- Fill out the simple application.
- A recruiter from our recruiting company, Yellowstone Local will reach out promptly for a prescreening call.
- If we are a good fit for each other, they will schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager.
- We will make an offer if you are a good fit.