We are a small family-run business that takes pride in our company. We take excellent care of our customers and have for over 75 years. We are the experts in heating and cooling and are committed to ensuring your home always feels better after we leave!
We value teamwork, dedication, and the spirit of service. Our culture is built on the principles of respect, trust, and open communication. We encourage our employees to be proactive, think creatively, and take ownership. With us, you are not just performing a job, you are contributing to a mission.
Why Join Us
- Growth Opportunities: We understand that every individual has unique career aspirations. That's why we provide ample opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our comprehensive training and development program helps you constantly improve your skills and expand your knowledge. Plus, we provide opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working hours and do our best to accommodate personal needs and circumstances.
- Employee Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. We also provide industry-specific benefits like continuous training and certification programs, and the latest tools and equipment to ensure you can do your job to the best of your ability.
- Community Engagement: We are more than just a business; we are a part of the community. We participate in various community service activities and encourage our employees to get involved. It's a great way to give back and feel more connected to the community we serve
- $20.00 - $30.00 hourly plus commission
- Medical Insurance (98% employer paid)
- Paid Holidays
- Take Home Truck
- Year-end bonus
- Not Required To Work Weekends
- Maintenance: Perform regular maintenance checks on HVAC systems to ensure they are operating efficiently and safely. This includes cleaning and servicing components such as coils, fans, filters, and condensate pumps.
- Repair: Diagnose and repair issues with HVAC systems. This could involve fixing mechanical parts, electrical circuits, or refrigerant leaks.
- Inspection: Conduct inspections of HVAC systems to ensure they are compliant with safety standards and regulations.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service, explaining to customers what is being done and answering any questions they may have.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of all inspections, maintenance, and repairs done.
- Equipment Knowledge: Stay up-to-date with the latest HVAC technology and equipment.
- Safety Compliance: Follow all safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Troubleshooting: Use diagnostic tools to identify issues and determine the best solutions.
- Estimates: Provide estimates for repair or replacement costs, and explain these costs to customers.
- Emergency Response: Be available for emergency repairs or issues that may arise outside of normal working hours.
- Training: Continually update skills and knowledge through professional development and training opportunities
- Sales : Sell with conviction only what the client needs and with your best intentions
Our Hiring Process
- Fill out the simple application
- A recruiter from our recruiting company, Yellowstone Local will reach out promptly for a prescreening call
- If we are a good fit for each other, they will schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager
- We will make an offer if you are a good fit